PRODUCER/TOUR COORDINATOR ROLE
Applications close Sunday 18th April 2021
Highwire Entertainment is seeking an experienced Producer who is experienced with Tour Coordinating for casual/part time employment. Ideally based in Melbourne, however this is not essential.
The Producer is responsible for managing multiple projects within the business, including managing shows, obtaining bookings for shows and creating tours. For a task list and more information see below.
The role is negotiable and would be casual, with approximately 2-3 days work per week (flexible). If based in Melbourne, one day per week will be in a co-working office space (location negotiable), the remainder working from home/remotely. Ability to travel interstate once a year, and willingness to occasionally work on weekends during festival seasons would be preferred. Must have own laptop. This is an ongoing role, however there would be a three month trial period. Pay rate is dependant on level of experience of applicant.
• Knowledge, experience and a thorough understanding of the arts and entertainment sectors within Australia, in particular a thorough understanding of either the Australian Fringe Festival model or Australian regional live performance touring model, ideally both,
• Previous employment or self-employment within the Australian arts sector,
• A thorough understanding of the commercial terms of negotiating live performances,
• Demonstrated ability to prepare, negotiate and manage budgets and contracts across a touring program/production,
• Experience scheduling within a touring context,
• Detail oriented with excellent administrative skills,
• Excellent project management, time management and multi-tasking skills,
• Excellent communication skills,
• Ability to work remotely and independently without significant daily direction,
• Open minded, excited to work with diverse groups of people including from minority communities.
• Experience sourcing funding through national and regional arts funding bodies,
• Experience with Australian arts markets,
• Experience ‘selling’ work and creating relationships with venues and festivals,
• Experience creating and implementing a marketing strategy.
Reports to: Company Director
Works alongside: Small number of casual staff members - please note that these staff work seasonally and/or outside the country.
• contacting theatres and festivals to promote the booking of Highwire shows as part of upcoming tours
• applying to festivals on behalf of Highwire Entertainment shows
• applying for grants and funding
• working with existing budgets and creating new budgets for touring and new projects, and managing budgets throughout the life of the project
• sending and checking contracts
• scheduling tours, factoring in artist requirements, travel times, venue/festival requirements
• logistics management including booking travel and accommodation, organising purchase or booking of equipment, scheduling and booking staff or contractors in line with budgets
• ordering and collating marketing material and managing roll out of marketing campaigns
• artist, festival and venue liaison
• collating and proof reading event procedures and documents
• full range of administrative duties to support tour planning, promotion and execution
• research; venues, events, artists, shows
• ad hoc tasks as required
All applicants are asked to fill out the selection criteria (on the online form, or uploaded as a separate file) and upload a cv.